As patients who are receiving treatments via expanded access for diseases are outside of the controlled environment of a clinical trial, their experiences may be considered to be more “real-world.” A multi-national chart review has shown that the success of treatments given through expanded access was mirrored in clinical trials, then after approval and mass market availability. To see what was considered in the review: http://bit.ly/2xAUHvI
- How can our society study and regulate the offerings of popular, but unproven, regenerative medicine?
- One patient’s story: How WCGF helped speed approval for experimental treatment
- How did physicians use a discovery from a recent #clinicaltrial to save the life of a boy with a dangerous skin condition?
- How is the FDA widening the scope of the Reagan Udall Expanded Access Navigator to assist patients with rare or orphan diseases?
- How can you further WCGF’s mission to educate, include and provide access?