For women whose breast cancer metastasizes, the disease is generally incurable. Often, these metastases move to the brain, even further limiting treatment options. A new clinical trial is trying to determine if a medication, temozolomide, could prevent breast cancer from metastasizing to the brain. For more on this study, read this from the National Cancer Institute.
- Free WCG Foundation webinars offer insights on speeding access to experimental drugs for intermediate-size patient populations
- Do supercentenarians, people who live to 110 years and older, have something special in their genetic code?
- To call in or go in to work when sick? This time of year, that’s the question.
- Could #breastcancer be prevented from spreading to the brain?
- #AntibioticResistance could lead to dangerous outcomes. What can be done to prevent this?