Lack of accurate data regarding potential side effects or differences in effectiveness in treatments between white Americans and patients of different ethnic backgrounds often leads to less affordable options of care. When drugs have been studied, and minorities left out, treatments that are less effective could lead to greater numbers of hospitalizations, driving up the cost of healthcare for all Americans. Would you like to learn more? http://bit.ly/2yjotIS
- Can expanded access give insight into the future success or failure of a new treatment?
- How could research of stem cells improve the delivery of cancer drugs to metastatic tumors?
- Could wider inclusion of minority patients in clinical trials actually lower the cost of healthcare overall?
- New Waiver in IRB Process Speeds FDA Single Patient Expanded Access Approval; Updated Information available on WCGF website.
- How could a new treatment, given previously under expanded access, successfully treat a serious disease of the eye?