The FDA’s expanded access program has allowed many desperately ill patients to receive experimental treatments in an effort to save lives. Just last fiscal year, over 1,700 requests were made by patients to access experimental treatments. The Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research and their Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research combined approved 99.4% of those requests. http://bit.ly/2f61bvK
- Free WCG Foundation webinars offer insights on speeding access to experimental drugs for intermediate-size patient populations
- Do supercentenarians, people who live to 110 years and older, have something special in their genetic code?
- To call in or go in to work when sick? This time of year, that’s the question.
- Could #breastcancer be prevented from spreading to the brain?
- #AntibioticResistance could lead to dangerous outcomes. What can be done to prevent this?