The reasons minority participants avoid clinical trials are well documented. Historical lack of consent, little diversity within the research team, and a percieved lack of relevance could all seem to push patients away. But researchers are working with community leaders, introducing trial navigators and working with doctors who have many patients from minority communities are all efforts that are being employed to turn the tide. A diverse trial population will ensure that the results more accurately reflect needs of the population as a whole. http://bit.ly/2rRMeXd
- Free WCG Foundation webinars offer insights on speeding access to experimental drugs for intermediate-size patient populations
- Do supercentenarians, people who live to 110 years and older, have something special in their genetic code?
- To call in or go in to work when sick? This time of year, that’s the question.
- Could #breastcancer be prevented from spreading to the brain?
- #AntibioticResistance could lead to dangerous outcomes. What can be done to prevent this?