Researchers funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) have completed an atlas of human DNA that influence gene expression. Gene expression is shown through observable traits like eye color or disease risk; this research has shown how some genes are turned off and on. Previously, such information was not available at this scale. However, now information can be gained about variations among large groups of people down to the individual. Read on for more details: http://bit.ly/2g2bqlg
- Free WCG Foundation webinars offer insights on speeding access to experimental drugs for intermediate-size patient populations
- Do supercentenarians, people who live to 110 years and older, have something special in their genetic code?
- To call in or go in to work when sick? This time of year, that’s the question.
- Could #breastcancer be prevented from spreading to the brain?
- #AntibioticResistance could lead to dangerous outcomes. What can be done to prevent this?