Researchers funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) have completed an atlas of human DNA that influence gene expression. Gene expression is shown through observable traits like eye color or disease risk; this research has shown how some genes are turned off and on. Previously, such information was not available at this scale. However, now information can be gained about variations among large groups of people down to the individual. Read on for more details: http://bit.ly/2g2bqlg
- Can expanded access give insight into the future success or failure of a new treatment?
- How could research of stem cells improve the delivery of cancer drugs to metastatic tumors?
- Could wider inclusion of minority patients in clinical trials actually lower the cost of healthcare overall?
- New Waiver in IRB Process Speeds FDA Single Patient Expanded Access Approval; Updated Information available on WCGF website.
- How could a new treatment, given previously under expanded access, successfully treat a serious disease of the eye?