The priority review voucher program incentivizes pharmaceutical companies to research drugs for very rare diseases. When a drug developer researches a rare disease, a voucher is received by that organization from the FDA to move another treatment, often for a more common disease, through the regulatory process more quickly. How does this program work? http://bit.ly/2f5RXjm
- Can expanded access give insight into the future success or failure of a new treatment?
- How could research of stem cells improve the delivery of cancer drugs to metastatic tumors?
- Could wider inclusion of minority patients in clinical trials actually lower the cost of healthcare overall?
- New Waiver in IRB Process Speeds FDA Single Patient Expanded Access Approval; Updated Information available on WCGF website.
- How could a new treatment, given previously under expanded access, successfully treat a serious disease of the eye?