The Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has recently released a Manual of Policies and Procedures (MAPP) for the use of an investigational drug in an emergency – whether during or outside business hours. Because of the urgent nature of these requests, the FDA reviews the applications as soon as they’re received. Also, because this process includes the need for the drug maker to give permission as well, the physician submitting the application to the FDA must include the letter of permission from the pharmaceutical company. To learn more: http://bit.ly/2v66QaV
- Free WCG Foundation webinars offer insights on speeding access to experimental drugs for intermediate-size patient populations
- Do supercentenarians, people who live to 110 years and older, have something special in their genetic code?
- To call in or go in to work when sick? This time of year, that’s the question.
- Could #breastcancer be prevented from spreading to the brain?
- #AntibioticResistance could lead to dangerous outcomes. What can be done to prevent this?